Sanitation Tech II
Description : Job Duties
Performs routine heavy equipment operation in the City's public works department, including garbage truck, loader, skid steer, back hoe, trencher or similar equipment; Performs routine and semi-skilled labor in the maintenance of streets, water and sewer lines, and similar work with other municipal structures, facilities and grounds.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of garbage truck operation characteristics and other related special heavy equipment
- knowledge of traffic laws and regulations pertaining to heavy equipment operations
- Knowledge of effective communication techniques sufficient to explain City policies and procedures
- Ability to operate and preform preventative maintenance on various types of heavy equipment
- Ability to work as a member of a work crew or team on various assignments
The employee is primarily subject to external environmental conditions including extreme heat (above 100 deg F) and extreme cold (below 32 deg F) to supervise or inspect work projects. Employee may be subject to noise requiring shouting to be heard above ambient noise levels. Employee would be subject to vibrations including oscillating movements of extremities or whole body. Employee would be subject to hazards including proximity to moving parts, electrical current, high heat, or chemicals and atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
Valid NC Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Salary & Benefits - $29,267.00-$43,902.00, 2% Annual Bonus, 5% 401K contribution, Health, Dental and vision Insurance
- Applications may be found online at cityofrandleman.com or by contacting The Public Works Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications, Cover Letter and Resume may be mailed to 204 South Main St., Randleman, NC 27317 or emailed to email@example.com
Deadline for Applying : Nov 30, 2022 09:36 AM