Buildings and Grounds Maintenance Tech
General Statements of Duties
Performs responsible work in the upkeep and maintenance of the City's buildings, community areas, parks, and landscape.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Inspecting, servicing, and completing minor repairs to the City structures, equipment, and grounds.
- Installing, inspecting, and completing minor repairs to City facilities.
- Performing minor electrical and carpentry work for City facilities.
- Maintaining, installing, and repairing picnic sites, building and repairing fences, maintaining outdoor sites and landscaping of the City's properties.
- Servicing and maintaining equipment, included but not limited to mowers, buffers, weed eaters, leaf blowers and more.
- Assure all facilities are free of trash, debris.
- Maintenance and cleaning of various amenities of the City's grounds and facilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate hand and power tools, groundskeeping equipment, and other related equipment.
- Ability to operate a City vehicle, such as a lawnmower or all-terrain vehicle.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, patrons and general public.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Physical requirements - work in this position is heavy work, requiring exertion of up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Employee must have the visual acuity to operate machinery and to perform mechanical and skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature. ability to lift and carry over 50 pounds at a time required. Must be able to properly lift 75 to 100 pounds. Must be able to climb, crawl, and crouch. Exposed to noise, fumes, odors, and vibrations. Will work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
Education and Experience:
Some high school required. Vocational and technical training and maintenance, and some experience in maintenance work.
Valid North Carolina Driver's License.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Public Works Director
Please submit an employment application along with your resume.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled